Friday, September 11, 2009

BYU-Idaho: the first week.

So, on Monday morning, I flew from SJC to SLC and then to Jackson Hole. Then we drove to Rexburg and checked in and whatnot. We bought stuff that I needed and we unpacked everything. For dinner, we went to Fong's which is a Chinese restaurant and wasn't really that good but whatever.
Tuesday we continued shopping for more necessary items and we ate lunch at the Thai restaurant downtown. It was delicious. Then we set up a checking account at Wells Fargo and just walked around campus finding my classes. We also went to Idaho Falls to buy a nice coat which was way quick but then we had to buy some winter boots. AND that took forever. probably 2 hours. and 10 stores later and we got some which are pretty decent. I liked others way more they just didn't fit right. Jessica invited her cousin over and he brought his roommates so we hung out with them for a while until they had to go home because of curfew but it was fun to get to know them and they were pretty funny.
Wednesday, we went to DI and to the Distribution Center and then to Albertson's to get some groceries for my little apartment/dorm. We then unloaded it all and then went back to the Thai restaurant for lunch (because its just that delicious) and then we went to Great Harvest and got some delicious bread. We came back home, took some pictures and then Mom and Dad left to go back to the airport. That night, we have whats called "I-Night Extravaganza" which is basically a carnival for college students. There are games and activities and a dance. We did a weird little frog-toss game and then we played lazer tag. After that we went on this inflatable obstacle course that the National Guard was in charge of and it was SO hard. They were hitting it and making everything move and pushing it so that you could barely do it. but it was still pretty fun. There was a dance that we also went to for a little while. There were just so many things to do and we hardly did any of them. It was annoying because there was a pretty long line for most things but we did some pretty fun things regardless.
Thursday, was the first day of classes and my first class started at 9:45 so I went to that and I was only supposed to have 15 minutes between that and my next class but we were done way early so I had a lot of extra time. It was a way boring class and I dropped it today and added a different one so thats good. The next class I had was to about Mass Media and I really like it. and we also got out pretty early. My next class was American Foundations and it was pretty funny. I really like the teacher but the class seems like kind of a lot of work. Its going to be fun because we had to get into teams and I really like my team so hopefully it'll be fun.
Friday, I didn't have any classes so I slept in and just kind of hung around doing homework and miscellaneous activities. The weather outside was gorgeous so Erin and I took our nice chair from our family room and set them out on our balcony for a good little while and we sat out there doing homework and watching videos on youtube and stuff. It was enjoyable. Erin then went on a date with a creeper guy and so we decided to go to the Crossroads cafeteria and spy on them because we thought they'd be there but they weren't which way pretty sad. She also left her phone at home on accident so we can't even text her to find anything out. oh well.
So tomorrow is Saturday and I don't really have much planned except for doing homework and hanging out. I'm pretty excited for church on Sunday and to meet our ward and stuff. It's going to be great.
So far, I'm loving college and I really like my roommates. We get along great and we've had some pretty fun times together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment