Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sunburns and Bikes

Well well well.

So LOTS of things have happened in the 4 short days since I've blogged last.

Sunday, we had church. Our ward meets at 1:30 which sounds nice because we get to sleep in but it is really horrible actually. It is just way too late. Getting out of church at 4:30 is ridiculous. But yeah, we walked all the way up to the Hinckley and got to the chapel and we went to sit down when we saw.... Eric and Logan. They aren't in our ward but they're in our stake and three wards in our stake combined for sacrament meeting so we were there together. And that meeting was pretty good, except for it was SUPER hot and crowded in the chapel. But then we had Sunday School and then Relief Society and those were pretty normal. Nothing too special about either of them. And then we had to go and meet with a member of the Bishopric to give them a "Getting to Know You" sheet. And that was weird. Like they were kinda I guess not rude but they were abrupt. But then we came home and our dinner that was supposed to be cooking in our Crockpot didn't cook while we were gone. So we had to figure that out and then eat way later. We also unpacked and just hung out and stuff for the night. We also watched a movie and and ate ice cream which was wonderful. :)

Monday, was our last day before classes began. We were planning on going to the temple but it's closed on Mondays. So instead we went to Craigo's for lunch with Erin. Then we walked to Walmart. And while we were there, we talked with Dave. Dave and Erin had talked about kayaking and Erin invited Jess and I so we talked to him for a while and then he took us all home so we could change into our kayaking attire. Then we went kayaking! :) It was Erin, Dave, Jessica, Chad (Erin and Dave's cousin) and Chelsea (Dave's friend). So we got in our kayaks (and right after I got in mine, it totally flipped over and I was up to mid-thigh in gross river water... that was fun...) but yeah, then we just kayaked down the little river and then we were dumped into the Snake river. We were kayaking for like an hour and it was SO nice and peaceful. I would go so often if I could. It just means that I need to stay buddy-buddy with Erin. haha but yeah, after that, we just came home and relaxed for a while/did homework. Oh, we also bought a quesadilla maker from some random guy so we made ourselves some quesadillas. By that time, I was starting to look mighty red from a nice little sunburn I had gotten from our little kayaking adventure. Then we went to see Valentine's Day with Erin. And it was super fun. Except that movie kinda made me hate Taylor Swift as an actress. But I still adore her music. Then we came home and went to sleep because classes started Tuesday.

So yesterday, classes started. And I woke up and I was sore, sunburnt and surprisingly nervous about school starting. But I went to class and it was SO boring (I've since dropped that boring class haha) but yeah, it was weird to be back in class. And I had two classes back to bad which was super fun. And by the time I got home, I was pretty tired. But I still had one more class. Luckily, it was math class with Jessica and our professor is super funny so it was definitely bearable. But THEN, we went to Walmart and bought some BIKES!! I got a super pretty teal one and Jessica got a super pretty purple one. They look super cute together. And then we got to ride them home! That was an adventure. But they're way fun. Then we went to i-night which basically we got to late and then we couldn't decide what to do and then when we decided to actually do something, we got side-tracked. So instead of going to speed dating, we went and did a service project. But then we went to speed dating. And that was funny. Jessica really wanted to go and so I went along with her. Some of those boys were... interesting but there were a lot more normal ones than normal which was good (and obviously I wasn't really trying to get a boy, since I already have a wonderful one... but it was still fun). Then we went to the Hart and met back up with Eric and Logan. Once we got tired of everything, we came back home and crashed.

Today, I had one class and then the rest of the day I caught up on TV and talked to Josh on the phone and went on facebook. And I did homework. Don't worry, I'm not slacking off yet. There was a super fun thunderstorm today and so we got some nice rain. And then we had an apartment meeting (after eating our Caesar salads while watching Wizards of Waverly Place....) and then we rode our bikes to Walgreens (even though it was a little rainy). But the ride there wasn't rainy but on the way home it was raining and we went up the big hill home so we were exhausted once we got home. But it was good because I had to get some stuff from the store and now we have it. Now it's time for homework and then bed. Yippee!

Plans for the upcoming days:
-Three classes tomorrow (including our SUPER fun math class. :) )
-Temple Friday morning
-My super fun Environmental Class on friday afternoon!
-IF on Friday evening with ERY (Erin, do you remember when my "uncle" called you that?) and Jessica Ellen Meyers

That is all for now. :)

2 comments:

  1. can I just tell you how much I love you!
    haha. and kayaking was so much fun! and
    I LOVE OUR MATH TEACHER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaa I forgot about that. That was funny. I love that I am a large part of your blog right now, it makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete