Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The stars lean down to kiss you; And I lie awake and miss you.

What. A. Day.

Well, basically, I've been getting sick for a couple of days but it was really bad yesterday (Monday) so I went to bed as early as I could so that I could get lots of rest and start getting better. Well, when I woke up this morning, I was feeling SO much better, which was great!

I then had class from 9:45-11:15 and then from 11:30-1:00 and then I went to meet with my first teacher during his office hours... well, that ended up taking the whole time and he basically kicked me out at like 5 to 2:00 so that we could go to Devotional. But I didn't go to Devotional. I came home and ate lunch. Then I went back to class (but a NEW class) at 3:15-4:15, met with the same teacher (who also taught my new class...) and then to the Bookstore to return a book, then the Library to add/drop some classes, back to the Benson to talk to that teacher and then to Eric's to pick up Jessica. I finally got home at like 5:45 or so and I was exhausted. It was a ridiculous day. But basically, he is what happened:

My new advisor (who teaches my one class from 9:45-11:15) told me that I needed to get out of Math 108. So if I dropped those 3 credits, then I'd only have 12. But I need 14 to have my scholarship SO, I added BIO 199 (which he also teaches and is on Tuesdays at 3:15) and then he added another class for me. It's BIO 401R which is basically a reading class and it's also one credit and I basically just read books (about orcas!) and then he and I discuss them. Hahaha he's basically my new best friend. I am now in 4 science classes this semester and three of them are taught by him. But he's super funny and I love him. (He made us play (?) Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes last Thursday in class because everyone was falling asleep (and he made me help him lead because he thought I was sleeping (although, I was really texting... oops....)) But yeah, he's great. Oh, and his name is Brother Stricklan and I get emails from him all the time because he is in charge of the Wildlife Society and since I'm an Ecology major, I get those wonderful emails. Anyway, I'm only taking 14 credits, and I basically have to schedule my whole Fall semester around Math 110 and Chem 105. I won't have a social life, basically. Goodie. Then I'll jump through a few hoops to get my Math 108 credit out of the way. Although, I'm a little nervous to take 110 because tis been a while since I've taken Calc.... and I didn't know anything then.... :/

So yep, that's the dealio.

After that, I came home and talked to Josh and I don't know what it has been recently but something hit me and I miss him SO much. Like, I've always missed him but that missing has increased like ten-fold these past couple of days-ish but today it just hit the tipping point and... yeah, it was all bad. It also made it a lot worse because we haven't really been able to talk as much as usual. Since his parents basically took away his phone... so no texting and no phone calls really... yeah, it's complicated. But luckily, I have Reese's ice cream, Owl City/Taylor Swift and a huge thunderstorm to help me... not to mention the two greatest "roommates" in the world. I probably would've cried myself to sleep a couple hours ago if it weren't for Erin and Jessica. Oh, they are so fantastic. I love them. We had a lovely conversation tonight to help distract me from my homework and then we walked Erin home and we wrote a song about the Chainsaw Man. Good times.

But now it is time for me to finish my homework and go to bed! Yay for school! :)

1 comment:

  1. Danielle, I just want you to know
    that I am always only just 4 feet away
    from you. If you need a shoulder to cry
    on I am the one! If you need someone to talk
    to I am the one! If you just need someone
    to listen to music with I am the one! Don't
    forget that I love you lots! Things are tough
    now, but they will get better! and I'm always
    here for you! I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete