Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

I feel like a horrible person when I say this but I think that Valentine's Day is the dumbest holiday ever. It is so dumb. And I have an amazing boyfriend and I still don't like the idea of Valentine's day. It is just a Hallmark holiday. And a day for chocolate companies to make a lot of money. But why should everyone in the world be told what day to tell their loved one(s?) that they do love them. It should be spontaneous and all throughout the year. Whatever, it's a dumb holiday.

Anyway, I'm in Rexburg now. And I've been here since Friday afternoon. It has been super fun. I miss living here so much.

On Friday, after I got here later than expected, Josh and Ricardo met me at the shuttle and then we walked over to Michelle's and we hung out there for a while, watching youtube videos and just hanging out. Erin came over after a little while and we just kept hanging out. It was so fun to be back with them again. Then we went to dinner at Original Thai, which was so good. Then we came back to Michelle's and watched the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics and then we went to go and see The Princess and the Frog with Michelle's roommates. That was fun. Then we came home and I went to bed.

Yesterday, I woke up at 4:40 (am) to go to Josh's hockey game that started at 5. I ended up being a little late to the game because it was so hard to get out of bed but it was really fun to see him play and it was worth not getting sleep. Then after the game, we both went and showered and got ready and such and then he came back over to Michelle's and then we walked to Broulim's to get some breakfast good because we were hungry. So then we made pancakes which were super good. Then he left to go and take a nap, because he was exhausted, and Michelle, Erin and I hung out. It was fun. Then, he came back over and we watched the Olympics and then we went to Craigo's for a late lunch. It was delicious. Alisha, (Michelle's roommate/my old science group member) was going snow-shoeing with this guy on a date but she didn't want to just go the two of them so we all went along with them. Mike, Alisha, Michelle, Erin, Josh and I. It was super fun. Except it randomly got way cold at the end and we were all wet and snow covered. But it was still fun and really pretty to be up in the mountains. On the ride home, Josh and I both fell asleep, because we were so tired, and everyone thought that we were way cute. haha so funny.

Then today, I went to church with Josh, which was funny because it's my old ward and it seems so different than how it was before. I like didn't recognize anyone. But it was still good. Then I talked to Jessica on the phone for an hour which was greatly needed and then I took a wonderful nap. And I was out. Someone could've walked kicked down the door and I wouldn't have woken up. Then Josh and I hung out in the MC and tried watching the Olympics online but we couldn't get it to work so we just watched other videos on youtube and stuff. Then we went to dinner at Erin's which was fun. We were there for a really long time. But it was fun to hang out with Erin. I miss that girl a lot. Then we went over to Sasha's and then to Cami's place because apparently they wanted to meet me. They are super awesome. I would totally hang out with them if I was up here now for school. Then Josh and I went on a walk. hahaha which was really nice. It's been surprisingly warm here (well, like in the twenties I'd assume. maybe a little colder...) so yeah, it was good. :)

Tomorrow, I get to finally sleep in. Which I haven't done in more than a week. And it's definitely catching up to me. I'm exhausted... probably because I got 5 hours of sleep Thursday, then 4 hours on Friday and then like 6 last night. So I'm going to go to bed now. Tomorrow will probably be pretty busy and then Tuesday will probably be semi- busy as well. And then I start work again on Wednesday. Ugh, I'm already dreading going back home. I don't want to leave Rexburg....

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more about valentines day. It has been blown way out of proportion. I am so glad you got to go up to rexburg and be with everyone again!! and especially josh! I know you needed to see him. I miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete