Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Work pt. 3

Well, I have another work update:

I came into work today at 11 (which is an hour and a half before I was supposed to). Why you ask? Apparently Shaun quit this morning. hahahaha so Lisa called me and asked if I could come in to help cover for him. And I'm going to be working full time (8:30-5) everyday now until they find another replacement for him. Luckily, I feel pretty comfortable with what I have to do. And Ron is there so I can just have him do stuff if I don't know how to do it. Hmm, it's pretty interesting. But I guess this just means I'll get a lot more money than I would've originally.

Luckily, I managed to figure everything out and it wasn't really a problem. I knew pretty well how to deal with customers (and there were actually a lot today). And I feel like I really know what's going on which is really good. I'm sure that tomorrow is going to be really interesting. And as much as I enjoy getting paid more, I actually am really hoping they find a replacement for Fran/Shaun soon because I like sleeping in. Haha and it's a little bit stressful because there's a bunch of stuff that Fran showed Shaun that I didn't learn because it wasn't supposed to be my job... and now it is. So hopefully by next week, they have someone.

It's funny because I haven't had a day where I went into work knowing what to expect:

Tuesday: I had no idea what to expect since it was my first day and I was practically left alone for quite some time.

Wednesday: I thought the new guy was going to be there so I didn't really know what to expect from him or how it would be with the three of us there.

Thursday: I did meet the new guy. And it was interesting just trying to get adjusted and figuring out what to do.

Friday: Ron was in Utah and it was Fran's last day so it was our last chance to learn anything from her.

Monday: Fran was gone. It was just me and Shaun (since Ron was still in Utah).

Tuesday: I came in early because of the departure of Shaun (who only worked there for 3 days...)

Wednesday (tomorrow): I go in early. I don't even know what I am supposed to do in the mornings. Hmm, this is going to be super interesting. Wish me luck?

4 comments:

  1. I guess there won't be any more name rhyming

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha.. I love how you had no idea what you were doing but you still did an amazing job!!! and the fact that you are getting paid more. HEY.. heres an idea... I can be the replacement. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha erin, you are too funny. but nope, no more name rhyming. now it's just Ron and Dan. :( haha

    and yeah, what can i say? i'm quite talented i guess? but i was actually thinking it would be SO fun if you worked here with me. haha we'd just get to sit and talk all day long jessica. so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha its settled.. Im moving to california to come work with you. I will miss my children tho.... hahaha

    ReplyDelete