Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Calling...

Hmm, so I got a calling today. I haven't really liked going to church since I've been home because I don't want to go to the single's ward and I don't really like going to Relief Society by myself (since my mom is in Young Women's) in my home ward. I usually have "friends" who I go to Relief Society with but it's still not the same. haha so um, yeah, it's just really not all that fun. But today, I went to Young Women's because my Relief Society buddy was out of town and I didn't want to go without her. So I went with the Laurels. And right at the beginning of our lesson, my dad walked in and took me out of class. I thought that I was in trouble and that he was going to tell me I needed to go to Relief Society but instead, we went on a wild goose chase through the entire building looking for Bro. Parent. Once we finally found him, he issued me a call. Which is what I figured would happen I just didn't know what the call would be. Well, drum roll please...

I'm going to be teaching the 8 year olds. Which sounds all precious and cute but it really isn't going to be. Mostly because it's Allie's class and so I know all the kids pretty well so I feel like they're not going to be very well behaved. I'll just have to crack the whip. So yeah, I start next week. And it should be quite the adventure. But it'll be nice because I'll be able to prepare my lessons at work... since I have nothing else to do...

Oh, and on a semi-related note (but not really), last night, we went to the Wright's Adult Session of Stake Conference. And they live in San Jose. So you might be wondering why we drove 20+ minutes to go to a Stake Conference when it isn't even our stake. Well, we had a very good reason to go. And that reason was this guy:

That's right. Elder Richard G. Scott (of the Twelve) was there. He was so cute. And he is way short in person. Haha but it was so cool to be in the same room as an apostle. Well, I guess since I've been to Conference I've been in the same room as them but that's not the same. I was like, 15 feet away from him maybe during the whole meeting and then we got to shake his hand at the end. That's really the only reason I went. To shake his hand. haha so mission accomplished. :)



1 comment:

  1. Thats so exciting that you got a calling. Im so happy for you! You will have to let me know how the first lesson goes:) Love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete