Monday, May 3, 2010

A Day (or two) at the Ranch

Wowza.

Crazy weekend! Like the craziest weekend ever.

Friday, was kinda crazy. We (JED (hahaha Jessica, Erin and Danielle)) went to the temple and then we came home, got ready for the day, and then I had class. Then when I came home from class I had to pack and get ready for our weekend trip. Jessica and I also walked to the Post Office to mail some letters to our missionaries. haha that was fun. Then we drove up to Salmon! And we got there at like 8 and we just hung out with the super fun Keller family. Erin drove up late Friday night so we waited up kinda late for her especially since she got a little bit lost. But luckily she got there safely and we all went to sleep... at like 2.

Saturday morning, we woke up, had some delicious pancakes for breakfast, then we helped make pies and various other delicious things. And then we went outside for branding!! It was so crazy. I never really realized how much of a city-girl I am until I went up there with all those cows and cowboys and it was just mayhem. I held down a few little calves so that they could get their little stamp of approval hahaha. But yeah, it was just so insane. I don't know how to describe it any other way. It was just crazy. There were calves being dragged everywhere and cows moo-ing. It was just so ridiculous. But then once they were all done, we had lunch, which was delicious. Then we went outside to play on the hay bales. That was super interesting. haha I'm kinda allergic to hay so I was super worried that I was going to have a huge allergy attack but luckily I didn't. Then we were going to go and ride some horsies but our official tour guide couldn't take us so we just waited for a while and then we went back out and went on a horseback ride which was interesting. We rode in pairs (Jess and Erin, Adam and Treon, Alice and Me) but Adam and Treon decided to ride bareback so they kept falling off and it was just hilarious to watch them. But about halfway through our ride, it started getting SUPER cold. We were like numb. It wasn't fun at all. Especially since I don't really like horses to begin with. But it was alright. It was pretty enjoyable overall. Especially all the shenanigans of Adam and Treon. Then we came home and we showered because we were so gross. But then we had a movie night and we watched The Blind Side but most people either fell asleep during the movie (like Erin, Adam and I) and some other people just left the movie early (like Jessica and Alice). We were all SO exhausted.

Sunday, after we all slept like a rock, we woke up and went to church. Emma and Adam both had to teach Primary classes so we all went to Young Women with Alice which was funny. We basically doubled their class. Then we went to the Youth Sunday School class and it was so high school. Completely segregated- boys on one side, girls on the other- and everyone sat on the back row. It was ridiculous. Then Sacrament meeting was pretty normal. Nothing out of the ordinary. Then we went back home, had lunch, packed up and then we played a bunch of card games which was so fun. I feel like I'm a part of that family now which is great. Alice and Adam are great. And Mary Jo is wonderful. I love that family. I also fell off the trampoline right when we were leaving... that was an adventure. hahaha :/ But then we drove home in Dave's car which was great. I love Erin and Jessica. We had a great little chat on the way home. We sometimes talk about the most random things ever. But it was so good! Then we had pizza for dinner and then went to bed nice and early.

Today, when I woke up, I was super tired but I had to go to class which was boring. It hurt so much to walk. I was SO sore from everything this past weekend. But I think that I'm getting less sore which is good. Hopefully anyway. But Jessica and I had our first tennis practice today and that was super fun. I've never really played tennis before but I actually wasn't as horrible as I thought I would be. The only bummer is that we're not on the same team but I really like my team so it's all good. I'm kinda excited for the season, even though I don't really know what I'm doing. But yep, that's the recent news. Time for homework! :)

(Pictures from the weekend will be added... eventually. Be patient.)

1 comment:

  1. Danielle, I love how you are just so funny with the words you choose! also you basically are part of the family! so Im glad about that. Now you are officially adams cousin. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete