Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Baby, you're a firework

Sometimes, I hate the radio.
Do they seriously not know of any other song to play besides "Firework" by Katy Perry? I'm pretty sure I've heard it like 8 times today.

Don't get me wrong, it's a catchy song. And if I didn't constantly hear it, I actually might like it a little bit... And the fun thing is that in a couple of weeks, it will be another super annoying yet catchy song.

Anyway...

It's funny how quickly things can change.

(I know I talk about time and such ALL the time but I honestly have nothing else to do... hahaha)

Like if you just think in 6-month intervals, things are so different.

6-months ago, it was July. Spring semester was just about to end. Josh and I had technically broken up but he was still my best friend and I would still talk to him all day, everyday. Actually, in the weeks up until he left for his mission, we were closer than we ever were before. He really was my best friend. Nicole had been gone for 10 months so she was past her halfway mark. So, I was finishing my freshman year of college, without a(n official) boyfriend, and my sister was 5/9 of the way done.

Present day, it's January. Josh has been gone for 4 months and despite the circumstances, he is still my best friend whom I miss daily. There isn't a day when I don't think about him multiple times. Nicole comes home in 6 weeks. (She just transferred today for the last time!) I'm currently unemployed but there are some definite prospects and I've still made a decent amount of money already for being home a month without a job.

6 months from now, July 2011, I'll be finishing Spring Semester and my sophomore year. I'll have seen Nicole quite a bit and it'll be so good to have her back. I'll (hopefully) be getting ready to leave for Jerusalem in the coming months and I'll be enjoying a wonderful summer. Josh will soon reach his year mark which will definitely be exciting. haha

But yeah, I was just thinking about that.

My new adventure is a picture-a-day thing. Here we go! (only I think I'm going to do them in random order, just to mix it up! And don't count on one a day... haha maybe one every few days...)

‎1. A picture of yourself with 10 facts
2. A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest
3. A picture of the cast from your favorite show
4. A picture of your favorite night
5. A picture of your favorite memory
6. A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day
7. A picture of your most treasured item
8. A picture that makes you laugh
9. A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most
10. A picture of the person you do the most ****** up things with
11. A picture of something you hate
12. A picture of something you love
13. A picture of your favorite band or artist
14. A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
15. A picture of something you want to do before you die
16. A picture of someone who inspires you
17. A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
18. A picture of your biggest insecurity
19. A picture and a letter
20. A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
21. A picture of something you wish you could forget
22. A picture of something you wish you were better at
23. A picture of your favorite book
24. A picture of something you wish you could change
25. A picture of your favorite day
26. A picture of something that means a lot to you
27. A picture of yourself and a family member
28. A picture of something you're afraid of
29. A picture that can always make you smile
30. A picture of someone you miss



Also, my neighbor Kuma FitzGerald had a playdate with Dakota Verna today. That wouldn't seem that weird except for the fact that Kuma is a golden retriever and Dakota is some sort of mutt. haha I learned today that it's common practice (well, around here... I don't know about everywhere else...) for dogs to have play dates. Now see, I only know about this because Dakota's owner used to be in our ward and my mom was her visiting teaching companion for a while and so they're pretty close friends. But D's mom called my mom to tell her that if we heard the fence fall down or something to call her on her cell phone because the whole FitzGerald household would be gone all day long. Long story short, the dogs played all day long while their parent(s) were at work all day long. Seems weird, yeah? Thought so.

And the dogs had "a wonderful time". Which is weird because I didn't know dogs could talk. But yes, that is my fun fact for today.

1 comment:

  1. loved the fun fact! haha
    things certainly do change in 6 months!

    ReplyDelete