Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Always be where you're supposed to be, when you're supposed to be there."

Last Fall (semester), I would regularly go to devotional. I missed only like 2 or something (maybe not even that many.)

This semester, I'm going to go to every single one.


And today's was wonderful.

It was literally just what I needed to hear.


First, Sister Clark spoke for a short time and her talk was the most powerful. The theme (or topic or whatever) for her talk was:


"Always be where you're supposed to be, when you're supposed to be there."


When she was at BYU, someone gave a devotional and said those words and they have stuck with her since then. I have a feeling that they'll do the same for me.

But it's actually a really important concept. If you say that you'll be somewhere, be there. If you know you're supposed to be somewhere (whether it be class or church or a meeting), be there. Often times, I feel like we think that "just missing this once" won't be a problem. But this "one time" can lead to a habit.


Anywho, I just really liked it.


Then President Clark talked about deep obedience.

He shared a lot of really good scriptures from D&C 59 but my favorite was verse 7 which says "Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things." Obviously this is something that everyone knows and should do but I feel like there is always something more that we can thank the Lord for because he has given us SO much.


There was a lot of other really good things that was taught but I will leave it at that.


Moral of the story: Devotional is the best. :)

1 comment: