Friday, January 29, 2010

The Work Saga pt. 2

Well, yesterday, I met the new guy. His name is Shawn. And he is 25. He's kinda weird and not very fun. He has two kids which is weird because he seems really young to have two kids but whatever. He seems way older than 25 but that's how old he says he is. haha but it was definitely an interesting day because he had to learn like everything in the two days before Fran left. He was definitely stressed. And I actually felt like I kinda knew what I was doing. I am excellent at answering the phone, distributing the mail and I am getting really good at putting together the tax returns for Ron.

It was funny today because Fran was definitely getting annoyed with Shawn and when he would leave, she complained to me about it. And Shawn was getting frustrated with Shawn and when she left, he would tell me all about it. haha I'm so glad people love complaining to me. It's so funny. But work today was SO boring. Like, it was insane how boring it was. We did nothing. Like, I think I'm going to go insane from sitting in that room for 4.5 hours a day. It made it worse because Ron is in Utah so we didn't even have work from him to do. So we just sat there. Oh, and it's so funny because although it's just Shawn, Fran and me (well, and I guess Ron), who work there, I'm like BFF's with Chuck (the UPS guy) and Melanie (the FedEx lady). They're so funny. I wish that they actually worked with us and were there for longer than like 5 minutes when they pick up our packages. Too bad. Hmm, so I was going to ride my bike to work today, but I didn't which is probably good because when I can home, it was pouring rain. Like the hardest rain since I've been home. So I'm glad I got to drive down the street instead of riding in it.

As a side note, we (my family) realized while we were talking at dinner last night that our names rhyme. There is Shawn and Ron and Fran and Dan. haha so they only rhyme when I'm at home because, most people don't call me Dan regularly. But yeah, it was funny when I was telling my fam the whole story because the names rhyme.

I have a lot more I could write about my super exciting work and all the drama between Fran and Shawn but I won't. But I'll definitely tell you how Monday goes... our first day without Fran. And I'm pretty sure we're going to crash and burn. Yeah, positive thinking... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment