Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Celebrate.

My fourth of July was SO busy.

I've never had a busier one.

I think it was busy because we had the day off school (going to school in the summer is noooo fun) and so we had to live it up.

Hahaha we woke up at 9:20 ish and decided to go to the lake.

By 10, Callie, Kaity and I were on our way and we got to the lake (Rigby Lake) and laid our towels out and people watched for a while (we're really good detectives). We then tried to improve our skipping-rocks skills. Kaity got better and Callie and I kinda got worse. Oh well.

At about noon we left to come back to Rexburg to go to Rexburg Rapids! (We stopped briefly at Wendy's in Rigby to get some lunch-bunch.

We thought that RR was going to open at 12 but when we got there at 12;30 it was still closed and it wasn't going to open until 1. So we just waited outside and finished our lunch.

Jared joined us and once it opened, we headed in and claimed some lounge chairs. Then off to the lazy river we went! That was the reason Callie wanted to go.

We also went down the water slide and climbed their rock climbing wall. It was super fun.

We were there for about 2 hours and then we left to come home and shower/change/get ready for Idaho Falls.

A little after 4, the four of us were back on the road and heading south on 20.

Old Navy was our first stop, where I got some much needed flip-flops (and a shirt, that I might have to return...) and then we went to DownEast where they were having a HUGE sale but they were sorta close. hahaha so then off to Melaleuca Field we went.

Callie, the queen of good karma this weekend got two free tickets to the Idaho Falls Chukars game. haha but it was still fun watching a baseball game. And there were TONS of missionaries there too. (Some of whom were rather good looking. haha)

The Chukars won 13-8 (which I just had to look up because we left at the top of the 9th) to go to our firework show!

We went to the park just down the street and we snatched some pretty good seats. It was a good show. Except for the people in front of us were really annoying (oh, the people in front of us at the game were annoyingly rude too. Drunk college students.... :/) but yeah, the only downer was that Jared was really sick (sorry!) but he was toughing it out/sleeping through the whole thing. haha

We then got stuck in lotsssssss of traffic before going to Denny's for a little late night snack (we were STARVING) and then we got to sit in lots more traffic.

Who knew that 1:30 was rush hour traffic on 20? I got the pleasure of driving home (because I was the only one who wasn't seconds from falling asleep) and it was literally a parking lot. We didn't go more than like 5 mph for like 35 minutes. Such a joy. (hahaha the devotional speaker today even mentioned how he was stuck in traffic with the rest of us last night. Awesome.)

Since we had a Denny's pitstop, I think we missed most of the worst traffic but it was still bad and we arrived home at like 2. I think. I don't know. hahaha we were exhausted. And sunburnt.


And today was.......... we'll just say an interesting day. I don't really know how I feel about it. haha


But it was a great fourth of July and now we're like ALMOST done with school.


AHHHH. crazyyyyy.



I wish it would just end right now because I don't want to have to deal with finals. I'm afraid of whats going to happen to my grades.... :( haha I've been doing so good and these next two weeks could really mess it up.

Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment