Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Astrofest.

When I landed in Atlanta on Thursday, I started texting Nicole about my plans for that weekend in the SLC.

She told me that on Saturday she was working at Astrofest. Intriguing.

I told her that I would be there. Although it was semi-sarcastic because I wasn't entirely in control of my weekend plans.

Fast forward to a few hours later and the next day.

I tell Charlotte about it and we both talk to Nicole on speaker phone while driving to our hiking location.
Charlotte sounds interested but we both know that there's work to do for the farewell the next day.

But, they were giving out eclipse glasses to anyone who came AND it was free.
So, we decided that we would go in the morning and then head back to Salt Lake in the early afternoon to get ready for the next day and so Charlotte could finish her talk.

Well, the next morning, things didn't go as planned so we spent the morning making some preparations for the following day and then we headed out to P-town.

We made some rockets (and launched them).

We got our glasses.

 Literally the greatest moment.

 Just looking at the sun, no big deal.

 In front of "the Dome of the Rock".
(We all know that this picture was only taken because Lottie wanted to use the "clicky" camera.)

Played in the jump house.
 Before the race.

Winner!

And had an overall marvelous time.


(The day also involved going to various shows, seeing Suzy & Amy, relaxing in the planetarium seats, and then eating some delicious froyo at spoon it up with Lottie and Suzy Q.)

Good day in Provo. 
And good almost final day with the girls (mostly Lottie and Suze).

No comments:

Post a Comment