Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Magical Letter.

On my birthday, I got a text that said this:

"YOUR CALL ARRIVED!!!"

This was sent to me from my dear mother.

Charlotte and I obviously started freaking out. 

I was still going to be in Salt Lake until Monday so that little letter was just going to be sitting at my house all weekend long. Waiting for me to open it up.

Every so often during the weekend, Charlotte or I would, out of the blue, just say:

"Your/My call is just sitting at your/my house!"

The suspense kept building.

Even friends of Nicole's knew that my call was sitting at my lovely little abode. 
People were excited.


The weekend was full of suspense and excitement. 
Charlotte and I just assumed that I was going to be going to Paris with her. Clearly.

So much chatter regarding it.
Even random people in her ward, whom I didn't even know, wanted to make sure that I would call Charlotte, and that she would tell them where I'm going. Hilarious.

Anyway, the weekend passed way too fast and way too slow at the same time.
Too fast because it was my last weekend with Charlotte until 2014.
Too slow because I wanted to open the letter.



Once I got home on Monday, I had to wait for everyone to get home too.
From school, work, etc.

The time finally came. 
And that sucker got ripped open.



And I read these words:



A letter from President Monson as a birthday present? Sure, I'll take that!



EXCITEMENT.




Although, if we're being honest, I was way shocked. 
I was kind of anticipating going foreign.
And if I was going stateside, I didn't expect Colorado at all.
Especially since it's Jessica's mission.
And I know others who live there too.

[source.]

But it'll be an adventure! And I'm excited for it! :)
See you in September, Denver!

[Now onto the struggle of finding cute missionary clothes. Wish me luck!]

No comments:

Post a Comment