Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I love being able to see (among other things).

So my last birthday post was kinda of a downer. I really do like birthdays, I swear. I just feel like sometimes, I expect them to be really good (because previous years had been really good) and then they are just kind of a let down. And to be honest, I knew that Jessica and Erin would do something great but last year, my birthday was SO good. Probably one of the best birthdays to date. And it might have something to do with the fact that we were second semester seniors and therefore we found any excuse to go and play outside but it also might be that I have awesome friends and they were great. This year though, it definitely topped everything I ever expected.

It started out getting a package from home (mostly just Jack and my mom) with cookies and peanut-butter filled pretzels (which are heaven-sent) and a card yesterday (Monday). That was cute. And it really like, mentally prepared me for today. I was definitely in the mood for a birthday after that. I had kinda forgotten about my birthday until like Sunday, to be honest.

But then at midnight, Jessica and Eric both wished me a happy birthday and such. (Oh, we also went to Wal-mart last night and Erin and Jess both bought the store out of birthday stuff...) but then I woke up this morning, a normal day. I had a happy birthday text on my phone from my sisterrrrr but that is all. I got ready and went to class. In class though, I had a bunch of people text me to tell me happy birthday (and to be honest, this is almost like my favorite part. It's cheating to remember from facebook. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it when people remember without facebook. And it really means a lot more. So that was good.) Then after my two classes, I came home and our entire house was decorated. There was also a huge bouquet of the prettiest flowers on the table in the family room that I didn't even see when I first walked in. (I saw them, I just didn't realize that they were mine. haha) So Jessica texted me and asked if I saw them. I ran back out there and got them and they were from Josh! SO SO SO CUTE. My heart melted when I read the card. Oh, he is really the best. 1200 miles away and he still gets me flowers. I love that boy. Jessica and Erin ditched me for like the whole day but that was okay because I got to do homework (and yet, it's 2:00 am right now and I'm still up....). But I have the flowers sitting right next to my bed now and our room smells super good. I love it.

Anyway, wow, I ramble. So we all went to class again and then they had more prep to do. Before I went to class, I talked to Josh for like 5 minutes which was SO nice. So yeah, once they were all done, we went to dinner. BUT they blindfolded me. AND Erin forgot that she left her car at the Ricks so we had to walk all the way up there, blindfolded. What an adventure. Then we went to Broulim's to buy some frosting (because they forgot) and then they drove around the city to confuse me and then we went to Thai. Yummyy. We came home, they finished their cakes while I talked to Josh for a long time. Then we had a party. It was super fun. We played games, listened to music and just had fun. Erin and Jessica also sang me a song and it was SO CUTE. oh my goodness. I was like tearing up when they were singing. I love those two. It was great. Then once everyone left, we went to Taco Bell with Ricardo and his friend Tom who were the stragelers at our party and then we came back and hung out until they had to leave. Then we just chilled and did homework and now it's bed time. BUT all in all, it was a marvelous birthday. One of the best I've had. Have fun beating this one next year guys! You set your bar pretty high. haha I love you both!

So recap:
-Cookies and treats from my familia (oh, they also called my while I was talking to Josh but since I was busy, they left me a nice little voicemail of them all singing me "Happy Birthday". Pretty precious.)
-Flowers from my adorable boyfriend
-Decorated house, blindfolded adventure, dinner and a party from my amazing friends/roommates.
-More facebook wishes than I know how to deal with
-Receiving lots of texts from people I love dearly!

Oh, and here are some pictures:

The Room (with flowers):


Our Super fun blindfolded adventure (and it was pouring rain):


(There really are more pictures but I'm too lazy right now. But they'll be on Facebook, have no fear team.)

What an amazing 18th day of May. :)

1 comment:

  1. I AM SOOO GLAD THAT YOU HAD SUCH AN AMAZING BIRTHDAY!!! I LOVE YOU DEAR! next year will just have to be bigger! haha

    ReplyDelete