Monday, May 31, 2010

I love to see.... my sister. :)

This weekend has been absolutely crazy. But so so good!

Thursday, after frantically going to class and quickly getting ready, I left to go home for the weekend. I had an hour between when my class got out and when the shuttle left so it was crazy. The shuttle was pretty... normal. Nothing too exciting happened. Then I got to the airport and got to hang out for a little while (like 25 minutes) then I got on the plane to go to Oakland! I got into OAK and walked out to the curb right when my driver (aka my mom) was just pulling up. Perfect timing. Then I went home and ate dinner, which I had specifically requested to be Thai food, even though it was like 11 at night. That was so delicious, especially since I had been craving fried rice for weeks... That was my exciting day on Thursday.

Friday, I slept in and then we went to Rok for lunch. SO GOOD. Except for I was super congested so I couldn't really smell/taste anything BUT it was still really good. hahaha Then we kinda just hung out and then I went babysitting. haha it's funny that I got a babysitting job the weekend I was home. That was good though because I got paid to do my homework. I got home really late from that so then I just went right to bed.

Saturday, I woke up and I was going to see Jaclyn but she got distracted and such so I went to Target to buy some stuff (and we saw the missionaries and they were really surprised when I talked to them...) and then we went to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. That was so good! Yummy. And we went to Santana Row to go to Crate & Barrel to get a rug and walking through that store made me want to get married really bad. Not really to be married but just to register for everything and then decorating a house and making it all cute. hahaha I told my mom and sister that and they both just looked at me weird. But everything there is just freaking adorable and some of it is just weird because you don't need special sorbet glasses but they have them! haha It's just fun. After dinner though, I did go over to Jaclyn's grandma's house to see her. I haven't seen that girl in... almost 2 years! And she's getting married on Saturday. So crazy. But yeah, we got to catch up, I got to see the ring, and the dress that still isn't 100% done yet so that was exciting! She looked gorgeous. I can't wait to see her wedding pictures! :)

Sunday, I had to wake up early to feed Topaz cat. (Which means I had two jobs while I was home...) Then we went to church which was fun because it was Connor-kins' farewell. SO the whole world was there. It was ridiculous. But Adrienne, Pete Johnson and Connor-kins all talked and they all did a really good job. Then I didn't go to Sunday School because I took a sick Jack home and then I went to RS/Priesthood. That was precious. Uh, then after church, I did homework and then we went over to the Whitlock's for the open house thing. That was super presh. I had their famous tacos and they were delicious! And it was weird because Connor has just always been so awkward with me... I can never understand that boy. He like always touches me when we're talking and pretends that we're BFF's but uh, we're really not. I don't get it... But it was fun to see everyone. And when we were leaving, we were saying bye to him and he realized/I told him that I wouldn't see him for two years and so he had to hug me and talk to us for a little while. It's SO weird that he's leaving. And when I got home, my dad couldn't stop talking about how I was making out with Connor. Apparently if you give someone a hug, it equals making out in my dad's book... But technically I did hug the guy my dad has said I'm going to marry.... and he's been saying that for years... so whatever. haha But it was funny because at church, we were making fun of people who would hug him and say that he was such a good hugger but it's true, he is a good hugger. But yeah, so he's leaving next week which is insane. I cannot believe that he is leaving on his mission already! Ahh! But the rest of Sunday was pretty uneventful.

Today, I woke up, had some breakfast and then got all ready to leave. Then we drove to OAK and then I got on an airplane. It was funny because the lady I was sitting next to was wearing a shirt the exact same color as mine. We were twins. The flight was super great. When we got into the Salt Lake Valley, there was a lot of turbulence which is like my favorite part. I LOVE it. (and I'm being completely serious.) But we got into SLC like 20 minutes early so I decided that I should go to Temple Square. After trying to make it work (and even setting up an appointment with Sister Quist, I realized that I couldn't get over there and back with enough time to make my shuttle. So I decided to change my shuttle time (and waste a lot of time doing that...) but I did end up going to Temple Square. I had to take a taxi that was SUPER expensive but that's alright. I got to see Sister Quist and Sister Reed and it was a gorgeous day in Salt Lake so it was all good.


I got to see the new display that just opened up like last week which was pretty cool. There was kinda long line but it wasn't too bad. It was really cool though. Especially because it's a 1:32 scale model... even the paintings are all to scale. Which is super crazy. And then since I've been to Temple Square so many times, they had nothing to show me (lame) SO instead, they took me to their super secret underground world! haha I saw President Holmes' office, and Guest Services (where they answer all the phones...) and I saw their lunch room and their nap room and the doctor and everything. Nicole also showed me where her old companion passed one onto her. So great. It was fun though because while I was down there I kept getting some really weird looks... until people learned that I was her sister. Then they were super excited. It was funny. But yeah, it was super fun to see her! She had to go to some training thing though so she had to leave me instead of me leaving her but it was still really REALLY good to see her. I miss her A LOT. Tomorrow (the second) is her half-way mark (and her birthday!). So that's really great. She comes home March 2nd. But yeah. Then I went on a photo escapade, just taking some pictures of the temple. I was kinda in the mood to take some pictures:




Then I went back to get my stuff (because they put it in the little holding room) and I talked to Sister McNaught (I think that was her name...) and she is a Horticulture major here at BYU-Idaho so we talked for a little bit and then I had to go to my shuttle.


The shuttle home was super fun. For some reason I didn't get bored at all... I did fall asleep for a little while but it was pretty bearable. Except I was kinda hungry because I didn't eat anything all day long practically. I had 3 pancakes, peanuts and cranberry juice on the airplane, and then almonds and a granola bar on the shuttle. haha but don't worry, I had some pizza since I've been home now. But yes, that was my exciting day/weekend.

I love Temple Square. :)

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA... "he gives good hugs"
    I love you! Im glad you got to go see your sister! thats soo exciting!

    ReplyDelete