Sunday, December 18, 2011

A list for you. (First Edition).



Things my brain hasn't fully put together, about being home from Jerusalem: First Edition, Clearly.


1. When I see Israel in the news, it takes me a while to realize that I don't live there anymore and thus it isn't as big of a deal to me (still a big deal, but not as personal).

2. I keep forgetting that in just a couple short hours (well, 33), I will be flying back home to California... not Israel.

3. Being out at night, with just two people, and no boy, is not a problem.

4. Late night chats with my **hubby are NO MORE. Infact, I might not ever see that kid again, at the looks of things which is even sadder since we didn't have a proper goodbye (or any goodbye at all...) :( Which also reminds me that there is a potential I won't see half of these friends again. Not okay.

5. The next time I'll have to live out of a suitcase, besides now, is April. No more random week-long field trips.

6. It isn't as fun to take pictures with our digital SLR because taking random, creepy pics in a giant city are just that... creepy. No more Brother Ludlow paparazzi or funny random shots of the Jru happenings.

7. No more pita lunches. (JOKES, my brain has FULLY accepted this one.)

8. French toast made from pitas and my favorite cereal are no more. This one is actually distressing.

9. No more messy roommate, or favorite Canadian roommate. Or people walking in randomly to hang out.

10. Not needing to check the weather for Jerusalem... but doing it anyway because I care.

We'll keep it at that.

I miss you Jerusalem. This separation is harder than I had anticipated. :(

And ignore the super happy picture, I just thought the world like might like to see this jem: jumping over the Dome.

**Special HAPPY BIRTHDAY shoutout to the best husband in Jerusalem, Josh Ludlow! You're finally 17 years old! All the lying for the past two months is no longer a lie! :) I hope you have a marvelous day, even though I'm not there. Good thing you already got your birthday kisses (except not from me....). HAPPY BIRTHDAY STUDLOW... number three! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment