Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Good Karma.

Guess what exciting thing I did yesterday?

I'll give you two hints:

1. This is now hanging on my bulletin board (it's a magnet but it's sticky-tac-ed up there):



2. This is currently what my left inner elbow looks like (although, it looks much worse in person.):



-------------------------------------------------------

If you guessed giving blood (and for the first time I might add), you guessed right! Too bad you're not here or I'd give you a happy hippo as a prize.

It was easyyy peasy. Mostly because I'm not afraid of needles, blood or even being poked by needles. haha The actual poking process didn't hurt one bit. And then I watched a lot of blood flow out of my arm. I got to lay down on a sweet table (instead of awkwardly reclining in one of those chairs they have in the States. Plus, I had the opportunity to hold Caleb's hand. hahaha

The best part though, by far, was all the chocolate chip cookies I got to eat after! I have seriously missed those while I've been here.

Cookies, bruise and an adorable blood droplet magnet: all worth the 40 minutes of my life (and my 1/2 liter of blood out of my system).

I feel like this might be a recurring event now. :) The world wants my blood.

So yes, I feel very accomplished after that. (and sorry if this post went into too much graphic details for my readers... haha)

1 comment:

  1. yeah. too graphic. haha you crazy miss. But I am glad you finally were able to give blood

    ReplyDelete