Thursday, October 13, 2011

Olive you. (part 1)

While we were in Turkey, Jerusalem got it's first rain of the season. And you know what that means!

Olive Oil Making! :)

Yesterday, we headed out on the grounds to pick our lovely olives off our 60+ trees on the property. It was quite the task, let me tell you. We had to fill a large tub of all the olives and we only got partway. Like 2/3 of the way done. Mostly because all the olives are WAYYY up in the tree which makes things difficult.

Adam and I... obviously matching on purpose.

So we went back today and did some but lots of students didn't feel like it was a priority so they didn't come. Apparently when people give you amazing opportunities to do something completely different that what you could ever possibly do again, it's nice to not participate. So while there were more than 90 people helping pick olives yesterday, today included about 10. And that is not an exaggeration. Ooooooh well. Some people just need to be selfish. That's fine. (end rant).

Very candid shot.

Anyway, haha today it was fun because we also explored our vineyards! I don't know why we don't make wine (or grape honey!). It sounds like a wonderful idea.

Vineyard! Woot.

Yesterday, they told us to try an olive if we wanted and Lindsay and I did... definitely the worst thing I've ever tasted. haha

Today, AnnaLeah and I decided to eat some of the grapes fresh off the vine.... Divine. :)

Overall, olive picking was pretty neat-o.

Monday, after our field trip, we are pressing them! This should be exciting! :)

That post will come, my friends. i.e. wait just a couple more days!

1 comment:

  1. I am still jealous of your adventures, and your matchy matching. I am dying to try some danielle made olive oil... and ranch, I still haven't had any of that...

    ReplyDelete