Monday, April 9, 2012

Back to the 'Burg.

Well folks, the day has come.

I am officially back in Rexburg.

I got here late last night and after an adventurous car ride, we got to Rexburg and moved in.

Lovely.

Being back in the dorms (for just two weeks people) has brought back floods of memories. haha it was funny reminiscing with Erin about all sorts of adventures that we had.

I also met most of my roommates last night and they're pretty cool. They're all going on the Humanities' Europe tour so we won't be touring together but that's alright. Maybe it'll be kinda good anyway.

But classes started today. But really we just had a long meeting to discuss the trip and such.
Think Dr. Kearl's speech but... way less intense.

A lot of the stuff they told us was important for people to hear because many haven't been outside of Idaho but it was a little repetitive, I felt.

Like, don't make eye contact with boys. Check.
Don't drink sketch water. Check (Thanks Doctor Chapman!)
Be super careful of pickpocketers. Check.
Be on time for events. (Definitely got this down, thanks Dr. Steve and Poppa Hunts!)
Etc.

Let's just say that I now miss Jerusalem more than I have in a while.
I know that this trip will be really fun... but I'm already expecting it to be sub-par to Jerusalem and the experiences of the Holy Land that are so near and dear to my heart.

Now I need to do homework, unpack, go to class, get groceries, hang out with Erin, etc.

I also feel kinda bad because I didn't really celebrate Easter at all... which probably makes me miss Jerusalem even more. :(

Anywhooooo, time to unpack I think.

It's good to be back, I hope.

It's also funny, because it has been exactly 4 months since I've been in school. Wow.

1 comment:

  1. I just literally gagged my brains out...dude you're going to Mexico and Belize, how it that sub-par?

    ReplyDelete