Saturday, April 28, 2012

Happiness.

Today was a good day.

I reinstated my Chacos tan. (What took me 4 months in Jerusalem I restored almost completely during 1 day in Mexico.)

Wandering the streets and having a free afternoon. Especially since we had a good (i.e. small) group. Plus, somehow, Kayla and I lucked out and had 3 (and then 4) men in our group. And there are only 7 on the tour...

The best part though was walking through the market. Which reminded me a little bit of the Shuk (still don't know how to spell that word... shuq? shuk?). And sometimes, it smelled just like the Old City. And everytime I got that familiar whiff, I would just start smiling. :)

I miss the days we spent walking through Jerusalem. I guess walking through various towns in Mexico is close enough.

Minus the Hebrew, Arabic, Dome of the Rock, the Jerusalem Center and the dreaded hike through up the Kidron Valley.

While on the bus today, I also found myself singing (in my head) the Hebrew alphabet. So great. :)

I think I have a new schooling plan in the works and I'm excited to see if I can pursue it. :)

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. it sounds like you're having a blast! miss you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH! What's this new schooling plan??

    ReplyDelete