Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday the Thirteenth.

Normally this day is just that, normal.

Today however, it lived up to it's superstitions.

I woke up with a sore throat.
Which normally you would just say, oh, bummer.
You have a sore throat.
But nope.
Not me.
It's always some sort of infection.
Strep/Tonsillitis/etc.


I had to go to the doctor anyway today,
to have them check my TB test from Wednesday
so I just figured I'd have them run a strep test really fast and I'd get some drugs.

(Sidenote: I lovelovelove my doctor here in Rexburg. As in, I love the entire staff. They're so great.)

I went in, explained the situation and after a couple of minutes, my favorite nurse came back and got me. She took my temperature, blood pressure, etc (all of which she had just done two days earlier on a healthier me). I also had to give her my immunization records so she could finish my mission health stuff. Woo!

Then Dr. David Day walked in, checked my ears and approximately two seconds after looking at my throat he was like "So did you actually want us to do a strep test or did you just want us to treat you? Because there is definitely some sort of infection back there. It's all red and you're even getting the white stripe." I told him I didn't really want to do the strep test (because it's always negative anyway) So he printed off a prescription, signed it and I was out the door.

Unfortunately, I then had to walk to the pharmacy and wait for them to fill my prescription.
That was quick but I was impatient because I still had to walk home and classtime was approaching.

Luckily, I got home with just enough time to grab my backpack and hurry to class.
Which was dreadfully boring.
Especially since I felt like crap (because I didn't have a chance to take my drugs.
And I started getting a throbbing headache.

It was so nice when class was finally out for the day.


And I have a couple people who are interested in my bike so hopefully that'll be gone soon. I went and got it this afternoon from Birch and it was nastyyyy. Covered in 8 months worth of dust and dirt. Yummy.

I cleaned it all off and it's sitting in my apartment, shiny and bright.

Time to watch a movie and then go to sleep. haha
I'm missing so many fun activities. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment