Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blessed.

Today, I'm so grateful for education.

And especially the fact that I have the opportunity to go to school and get an education.

Today, we had an privilege of going to the LDS Institute, here in Puebla Mexico and have the chance to meet with students who are a part of the BYU-Idaho Pathways program.

We ate dinner (delicious mole) with them and then we had the chance to participate in their classes with them.

It was seriously so great.

Seeing the BYU-Idaho learning model, in action here in Mexico is mindblowing.

The dedication that these people have is inspiring.

They're in their mid to late twenties (or early 30's) and the set so much time aside to getting their education, even though it cuts into their other activities.

They have jobs and families and they take time to learn English and get an education that will help their lives immeasurably.

I'm blown away because our life, in little Rexburg Idaho, is so simple and easy.

I am so grateful for all that I have. And meeting the students today, interacting with them and hearing their amazing stories has given me greater perspective.

They are truly amazing and I feel like the experience.at the little Institute building here in Puebla will definitely be one of my most memorable experiences of the trip.

1 comment:

  1. I am inspired by your experience.. looks like I'll have to maybe do a meso american tour also, or else study abroad there somehow...

    ReplyDelete