Friday, February 24, 2012

Activities.

Today's activities included:

-Manual labor (helping a company move) for 3 hours.
-Gift buying adventure with Jack (which was successful, after we had to play the system...)
-My new Italian boyfriend* not believing that I don't straighten my hair... really, I don't.
-He also seemed super impressed that I was an Ecology major when I don't think he knows what it is.
-Sprint to the Post Office (and yes, I made it just in the nick of time.)
-Wagonwheels and peas for dinner, standard.
-Babysitting a sleeping child, nothing easier than that.

And now I'm going to go and write in my Jerusalem journal (yeaaaaah, maybe I'm behind...) and perhaps read a book.

*Since I know you want a story, I was walking through the mall, from Bath and Body Works (after doing a secretive exchange) to meet up with Jack who was just chilling/waiting for me at wet seal. I walk past one of the little booths in the middle while texting Jack. Some guy starts talking to me, but of course I don't realize he is talking to me (especially because he has a pretty strong Italian accent). I kinda ignore him for a while but then he doesn't stop so I acknowledge him and he asks what brand I use (for a straightener).

Obviously I tell him I don't use a straightener. Which he is blown away with. I then proceed to tell him that I don't really mess with my hair, nor use any products, as I answer his many questions for me.

He then plops me down in his chair to show me his cool little straightener thing**. Which, I must say, did work really well. But I didn't really want to fork over $$$ for something I'll rarely use. Even though he says it'll only take me two minutes every morning and that "when girls feel good about their hair, they feel better about their day" or something.

Clearly I'm not one of those girls because I spend approximately 2 seconds on my hair.

But it was a great day. Especially since his name was Giovanni. I almost laughed when he told me. I would've laughed had he told me his name was Guido. It was an adventure though. He even curled part of my hair with his magic wand. Too bad I don't have the patience to care for my hair like that, or he would've had me sold.

** I just looked them up online and I didn't realize they were SO expensive. haha He should've known when I answered his "are you a student?" question with a yes that I wasn't going to buy one of these things. Or I should've had him lower the price for me. Awk.

1 comment: