Saturday, February 11, 2012

P-town: Part One.

This was a weird trip because I finished packing in the morning. And when I say finished, I mean I packed like an hour before I left. Normally, I fly out at like 6 am so I stay up late packing and then I have to wake up early to get to the airport. But for this trip, I woke up at 8, packed and got ready, left for the airport at 9 and then got to the airport in plenty of time for my 10:45 flight. Which ended up being delayed until 11.

My flight was rather uneventful. I sat on the window seat with no one next to me in the middle and some random guy on the aisle. Perfect. They fed me cran-apple juice (a tradition) and honey roasted peanuts (the best).

Then I landed in SLC right on time and walked out to the pick-up zone where Suzy Q was waiting for me in her cute little teal truck. We had a marvelous little drive back to Provo where we then had a wonderful lunch of spaghetti and string cheese. And just hung out. She tried really hard to think of something fun to do in Provo on a Saturday afternoon and so we found ourselves at Macey's to get $.50 soft serve ice cream. And we invited Junior, which was presh. Following our ice cream, we helped Junior pick out some hummus + pita for our Jru reunion party at the Shalom Chalet.

Suzy and I then headed back over to her cute little apartment and made some delicious cookies (chocolate cake mix + peanut butter chips!). And then at approximately 6:30, we picked up Charlotte and then Nicole and Rebecca and headed up to Midway and to the Ludlow Cabin. Probably the funniest part of the drive was when Junior called us to see where we were and we told him we were in Salt Lake and he flipped. So great. And then when we arrived at the party, he was a little mad at us, but like the fake kind of mad.

Our little reunion was splendid. It was SO nice to be able to talk to Charlotte again and reminisce and all that good stuff. And be super exclusive, like normal. It was fun to see everyone again, like Catie and Jessica (who was in town from Canadia!) But it was so marvelous (and so strange!) to see everyone. I'm sad that some people couldn't make it but I did run into a bunch of people randomly during the week who didn't show up, which was good. I love the Jru crew. :)

We got home pretty late which was expected. And it was lucky that church was late so that we could sleep in (especially me because I was still sick). Nicole's church started at 1 but I went to church with Charlotte (and her brother Matthew) and their church starts at 12:40 (yes, such a random time.) And it was pretty presh. People kept coming up to me and saying to me "I'm so sorry, I forgot your name!" And then I'd tell them that I was just visiting. haha but in Relief Society, we did an activity where we wrote a letter to our future kids... but there wasn't enough paper so Charlotte and I just talked quietly. Good times.

And for Sunday School, we went to Temple prep which was great. And Sacrament meeting was great.

After church, I went home (to Nicole's) and just hung out until the rest of the gang came home. Then Nicole and I cooked dinner. We made my super normal college dinner: pasta, chicken and peas in a bowl with alfredo sauce; delicious!

We then invited Lottie over and we watched 10 Things I Hate About You which was great. And then I headed back home with Lottie because I slept over Sunday night! We went to Ward Prayer, watched great videos on Youtube, talked with her super great roommate Jacqui, got really confused because random people were hanging out in her kitchen, etc. It was great.

I slept on her couch which was marvelous and the next morning, I woke up and got all packed up, walked the 3.5 blocks north to Nicole's and then got all ready because I had Brother Bott's mission prep class to attend with Suzy, Kara and Kim. I met Suzy in front of the SWKT at 10:55 and then we walked over to the HBLL where class was. And when we got there, Kim was talking to Katie R. Perfect! :)

After class, I walked to the MOA where Charlotte was doing a project and so I waited for a second for her and then we walked back to her little apartment. And wasted time. And then we went grocery shopping where she bought avocados, bread, granola bars and the like and I bought a pack of gum. Which she laughed at.

We hung out for a while and then I went home so she could take a nap and I had to entertain myself which was tricky. And then Nicole got home from school and we didn't go to FHE because she had lotsa homework to do or something. I don't remember, but we had an enjoyable time.

Tuesday was the beginning of my very busy days (and also the beginning of my dating marathon).

Nicole and I first went to look at a potential new apartment for her and her friends. So we met up with Erin (who Nicole served with on T^2) and then Jacqui (Charlotte's roommate who might live with Nicole). We looked at a cute little house that was super nice but Nicole doesn't know about it. We then went back home and ate some rice for lunch. Delicious. While eating lunch, we also watched some quality youtube videos. She then went to class and I went on a date (?) with Junior.

We first went to the Bean Museum which if you know me, is always a good idea. I love me some animals. That was fun. And then we went bowling in the Wilk, which was embarrassing because people go in there and do their homework and watch people bowl... and neither Junior or I bowled that well... But it was still fun. haha following two games of bowling (both of which I lost) he then took me on a driving tour of Provo. He showed me all the hotspots aka the Tabernacle that is being turned into a Temple and his parents' house. And then we went back to his grandparent's to watch a movie. We watched The Sting which is ridiculously long and we kept being interrupted by his grandparent's/uncle. And I had to meet Nicole for dinner at 6 at the cougareat so we didn't get to finish the movie, sad day.

He then drove me back to the Wilk, where I met up with Nicole for some dindin. And it was fun because AnnaLeah was also there. Love her. So we ate some delicious Crunchwrap Supremes and then got some creamery ice cream for dessert. I walked Nicole back to work (in the Eyring) and she even showed me her super secret underground lab. And then I walked back home to get ready for my intense tennis match.

At 8:45, I headed over to Suzy's where she got me all suited up in her tennis gear and then we headed over to the RB (after Junior arrived) and the four of us (Junior, Suzy, Suzy's roommate Kristin and I) played a super intense game of tennis. Except not really because no one knew what they were doing. Following tennis, we went over to Adam and Jeff's for Adam's birthday bash. It was fun to hang out with some more of the Jru crew. And I love hanging out with Catie so that was great. We all left together and as we were walking back to our cars, we noticed that the Provo Parking Enforcement guy had just given both their cars tickets. So we talked our way out of those and drove merrily on our way home.

It was a jolly day. I love hanging out with Suzy and it was actually really fun hanging out with Junior as well. Especially since he leaves for the MTC SO soon. AHH!

Great first couple of days. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment