Sunday, February 12, 2012

P-town: Part Two.

Let's see, where did I leave off? Oh yes, our wonderful tennis adventure.

Alright, well Wednesday, I woke up and got ready for a big day.

I went to Mission Prep again with Suzy, Kara and Kim (which was really good) and then I went to Human Development with Suzy and Kara which was very interesting. We then tried to meet up with people in the Cougareat but Jru people weren't really there. After seeing basically no one (when usually there are tons of people there), I headed home to get ready for my date with Alex.

I was super nervous for this date because things were going to be a little awkward. I've met his parents, his older brother (and heard all about said brother's son), his sister (and her husband plus three kids). Infact, it was his sister who set us up and I babysit for her kids every week. And I'm related to her husband. So before this date even started, I kind of knew that it would be a little awkward for me.

But he picked me up, we got to know each other, we went to Coldstone to get ice cream, he slowly figured out that I knew like his whole family, and then he drove me back. Haha he made a big connection when I told him that his sister+family lived in my house for 5 weeks and called it the "Google House" and then he really figured out who I was. haha good thing he didn't realize that until almost the end of the date. But yeah, it was a short little date but it was good. Especially since I kinda felt that he didn't really want to be there all that much. But it was fun and I do love ice cream so whatever. (That was date number 2).

Following the date, I went back home and just hung out until it was time for the Bements to come and pick us up. They invited us over for dinner and it was also Haley's birthday so it was fun to celebrate with them. But how is she 7 years old? That's the real question. I remember when she wasn't even born yet! And then when she was a little baby. And now she's 7 years old! Which makes me feel ridiculously old. haha But we got to hang out a little bit before we ate and then we ate a delish dinner and then hung out a little bit more. And Ryker was of course my favorite. He made sure I sat with him at dinner and he kept asking how long we were staying and when we said just for a couple of hours he responded "Oh, so you're just staying for 5 or 3 nights?" hahaha cutie.

Nicole had to leave before we could do presents so Uncle Todd drove us back to Provo and Millie came in the car with us. Which was adorable because she is so big now! And she and I sat in the back together just laughing. And Selena Gomez's song I Like You Like a Love Song came on the radio and she knew every word. SO adorbs. It was a great little drive back to Provo and just a great night in general.

Once we got back to Cougarland, Nicole did homework and I went upstairs and visited with Bethany, who I haven't seen since 2008 or so. Crazy. haha but it was fun to catch up with her and reminisce about Jerusalem and the like. And after we talked for a good hour and a half, I returned some tennis clothes to Suzy and told her about my date and then I went to bed. Long day.

Thursday was an equally long day.

Started out by waking up and getting all ready. Including starting to pack and clean up.

Then lunch with Lottie, Suzy and Eliza. So fun. It was definitely a much needed last minute catch-up sesh with some of my favorites. Especially since they all kind of staggered their arrivals so I got to mingle with Lottie first, just the two of us. Perfection. haha but after a wonderful hour lunch, they all had to go their various ways (to study or to class) and so then I went home to throw on a skirt and to go the temple with Junior. It was so good to see them all one last time before I left though. Love those girls. :)

I got home, threw a skirt on and then I headed to the Provo Temple with Junior. Which I guess you could call a date. But really, I just needed to get another temple in our Temple Race. And he was kind of the only person who had nothing to do, ever. (Not that I don't like hanging out with Junior!). But the temple was great. They do things kind of different in that temple but it was still marvelous. And I met a friend named Kate. :) And Junior baptized me, which was fun. Oh, one of the weird (but smart) things the Provo Temple does is have you write on a little slip of paper "Sis./Bro. (Last Name)" so that when you're doing the ordinances, they know your last name. Which gets rid of one of my favorite byproducts of going to the temple: having people struggle with my last name. The guys confirming did a marvelous job pronouncing 'Quist' and of course Junior did as well. But actually, I love when guys I know baptize. So that was good.

Following the temple, which only took an hour and a half, we headed to his grandparents and skyped with his parents. So presh. I miss the Ludlow fam. And then we went and picked Marianne up for our Apples&Peanut Butter adventure. And clearly, the whole time we were eating apples and peanut butter, we were continuing Jerusalem gossip. Aka figuring out who actually liked who and such. SO great. I'm pretty sure that was everyone's favorite pastime while we were in Jru and it still continues to be. It was great.

Junior then drove both of us home (from our little polygadate) and then I changed my clothes, finished packing and before I knew it, Mark and Danielle were knocking on my door. We talked for a few minutes while we waited for Nicole to get home and then we headed up to Salt Lake. It was fun to catch up with them after so long. The last time we saw them was for a very brief lunch the day of our Jru orientation and then before that, I don't think I've seen them since their wedding. But I forgot how confusing it is when your cousin marries a girl with the same name as you. haha :/ We drove to Murray and went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner which was delicious (especially since it was my first meal of the day, and basically the first real food I'd eaten) and conversation was great. They then drove me to the airport and I breezed through security, got on my little plane and flew home.

The flight was uneventful (except for it was SUPER hot) and I did get a little bit sad to have to come back home to my life that is so... dull. But it'll get more exciting soon I feel like. Hopefully. Once I landed in OAK, we literally sat looking at our gate waiting for a plane to push back for 20 minutes. That was fun. Then I got off the airplane, ran through the terminal, and reunited with Shmackely and Mom. So presh. haha and we drove merrily on our way home.

Going to Salt Lake/Provo was definitely a good idea. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment