Thursday, February 16, 2012

Airplanes in the night sky.

Since being back from Jerusalem for almost two months, there are still some things that happen that take me off guard.

One of those things is seeing airplanes.

Which I realize sounds really strange. But here's the thing: Jerusalem is a no fly zone. Airplanes can't even get close to flying over the city. Because there is so much tension and that land is the most coveted soil on the planet, to protect everyone, airplanes just can't fly over. Makes sense.

But now, I see airplanes all the time and I get a little freaked out. I guess after not seeing airplanes in the sky for 4 months and then living in between 3 international airports would cause a little bit of a worry for some people. People like me.

It's funny because I'll see an airplane and I'll be like "Whoa, that airplane seems really close" or something along those lines and my mom will just laugh at me. And it also probably doesn't help that there is an airfield within 10 minutes of my house. So we have airplanes flying into and out of San Jose, San Francisco and Oakland and also all the Moffet Field traffic. It's overwhelming, to say the least.

I think I've semi-gotten used to the fact that these airplanes are all safe, although for a while I thought they were going to crash into things. haha And it's not as weird to me when there are moving lights in the sky now.


It's taken me two months but I think I'm finally getting used to the airplanes.

1 comment: